Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Surprise in the Winter Garden


I've had a happy surprise in the garden this month ~ my Helleborus is loaded with winter blooms for the first time. It's so nice to see flowers blooming in December. We are enjoying a very mild start to winter this year. Christmas Eve was sunny with the temps in the 60's! Though I do love the snow, I am contented to delay the cold weather for just a bit longer.

This splash of nature's color is a reminder that the garden offers subjects to paint even during the quiet winter months. I am looking forward to making sketches and perhaps a finished drawing of this little plant as well as finishing some of the plant portraits I have photographed and made studies of during the busy summer and fall seasons.  



No comments:

Post a Comment