Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Adding an amaryllis to the accordion sketchbook~


I'm still plugging along with my sketching. I shouldn't really make it sound like it's a chore, because it's a very relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon, which is what I did here. I've added an amaryllis flower, leaf and bud to a large space in my accordion sketchbook. 

This flower was especially beautiful in form and color. My son-in-law had given me several bulbs last summer which I left grow outside, cured in the fall and took in this winter. It was a fun project, one I had never tried before. I've had several that have bloomed so far, and several that I don't think will flower this spring. Maybe in the summer? maybe next spring? With gardening--as with making art--sometimes surprising things happen that we don't expect.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment